5. Leisure facilitiesThe sauna, steam room and changing facilities will remain closed for the moment. The swimming pool will be open, but by pre-booking only. Towels are provided, but please bring a bath robe with you. Note we cannot guarantee you will have access to the pool at your preferred time. Call 015394 43636 for the latest details.
6. The Garden and TerraceThis area is fully available to guests and we advise guests wherever possible to use this space, as long a social distancing is maintained. When weather allows, windows will be opened to ensure fresh air permeates the building.
7. Public AreasChairs and tables will be spaced out to facilitate social distancing. Directional signage will be used to minimise ‘pinch points’. You may have to take a slightly longer route, but this is for everyone’s safety. If areas feel a little less personal, it is because we will have removed some of the stylistic ‘nic nak’s’ that adorn the hotel. Things like leaflets, newspapers and magazines will no longer be available. Note that there is WiFi throughout the property for accessing information via laptop, tablet or phone.
8. Breakfast.This can be served in the dining room. If the weather is conducive, breakfast can be taken on the terrace. Tables will be laid out to ensure there is social distancing. There will be no buffet available, but single-use menus will allow you to choose which items you’d like.You will be asked to book a time for breakfast (between 8am and 10.30am) and you will be assigned a table. Please try to stick to your time. You will be greeted by a member of staff and shown to your table.
9. Dining.If you are dining with us, a table should be booked at reception and your meal (choice of starter, main and dessert) would ideally be pre-booked by 4pm. Tables can be booked from 6pm to 9pm.As per breakfast, we will show you to your table and you will have the option of dining outside on the terrace with magnificent views, weather permitting.
10. Bar.Please take a seat and we will come to you to take your order - we will bring drinks to you. We encourage you to use contactless payment. We will not be accepting cash.
11. Housekeeping and Turn Downs.Your room will be thoroughly cleaned before your arrival. No-one will access your room for the duration of your stay unless specifically requested. If for whatever reason, we do need to enter your room, it will be at your request – please contact reception. Any extras, such as towels or tea/coffee can be left outside your door if requested at reception.All bedding will be washed at a minimum of 60 degrees.
12. Sanitising StationsWe will have sanitising stations at the front entrance and in public areas.
13. Face Coverings
As of the 8th August 2020, the Government has made it manatory for the public to wear face coverings in public areas of hotels.
When You Depart.Check-out is 11am. If you have already paid, you may deposit your key at reception and head straight for your car. This may at first appear impersonal, but please accept our thanks up front for staying with us – we are just trying to reduce busy pinch-points at key times. We do value your custom.
Use of PPE.Some of our staff will be wearing face masks, disposable aprons and / or gloves. Please be assured that staff are trained on how to use this and for each staff member, their use of PPE will be tailored to them, their role and to maximise your protection. Do not expect all our staff to be wearing the same PPE. We will not be insisting on guests wearing PPE, but you are, of course, welcome to do so.
Temperature.Depending on the Government advice at the time, we reserve the right to check the temperature of staff and guests.
If you are unwell, please DO NOT travel to Hillthwaite – simply postpone your stay. If you start feeling unwell or show symptoms of Covid-19 while at Hillthwaite, please go to your car and call us via your mobile phone: 015394 43636. We will offer advice, depending on your situation.